Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The words of the wise

I think it's part of being human, there is what we are, what we wish we were, what we want people to see us as, and then the mess that results from trying to meet these expections of our selves and others. And becuase we want to fit in, want to be normal or less odd we hide a way bits that embarsse us or we think will embaresse us. It's something most people struggle with, I think artist more then most because were afraid what people might think if they could really see what we see, or think what we think.


ok so not really wise just a friends of mine.

shes part of a group therapy thing for people who have bipolar disorder and we were talking about how we all sort of hide so much from people because we're afraid of what they will think when they find out we have a mental illness. But then she started to say how its not just people who are ill we all hide so much all the time and its a real shame.

So I've made a july resolution, try to be more honest with people in my life. Try not to hide behind my walls.

Intake:
730

fucking misha a his food. But I'm honest now so I'm going to tell him it makes me uncomfortable. Wish me luck I hope I don't scare him away.




1 comment:

  1. try to ease him into it gently - hopefully he wont be scared off, he seems too nice for that!!
    i'm terrified of what i would get stamped with if i got professional help, and what people would think of me! (ive already stamped myself with my scars) and youre stuck with those labels for life :/
    and your friend does seem wise - looks like you have a nice thing going on there :) xx

    ReplyDelete